Date of Latest Amendment: August 21, 2023
Article 1. Scope of Applicability
Article 2. Personal Data Safety
Please understand that protection of the user’s personal privacy constitutes the Company’s core management philosophy. Without the user’s consent, the Company will not provide the user's personal information, data, access logs and activity tracks (hereinafter referred to as the “user’s data” collectively) to any third party unrelated to the Service, except in the following circumstances:
- The Company will need to provide the user’s data pursuant to laws, court orders, administrative investigation procedures or other legal proceedings, provided that the data will be provided to the investigation unit only and also protected under the R.O.C. laws;
- The Company needs to exercise the rights pursuant to laws or defends any legal action;
- The Company needs to investigate or prevent any illegal activities, frauds, money laundering, circumstances posing potential threats to personal safety or violations of the user service contract, or take response actions against said circumstances;
- The Company will store the data collected during the access time limit in the database owned or used by the Company’s parent company or holding company, under the necessary information security management procedures.
Article 3. Personal Data Protection Clauses
According to Article 8 of the Personal Data Protection Act (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), the Company shall disclose to the user the following requirements:
- Collection of personal information:
- When the user is accessing the Service, subject to the nature of the service functions, the Service will have the user provide the personal information and user’s data to be collected by the Service, and process and utilize the user’s personal information for the specific purposes. The user acknowledges and agrees that when you are accessing the Service, any messages communicated from the programs you choose which you authorize the Company to collect or process (including receipt of notice and transmission of contents via the Service) might involve your personal information and user’s data; therefore, the related contents might include without limitation to the records about identification, characteristics, family, society, education, examination, technique or other profession, employment, finance, business information, health and any other information, and time point records for collection of various messages.
- When you install and activate the access to the Service, the Service will provide you with one UUID (also known as the “Universally Unique Identifier”, namely a 128-bit identification code used in the computer system to identify information). You may check said UUID per the instruction on the “Setting” page of the Service. Please note that when you uninstall or delete the Service, the UUID and related records will be re-set. Any person who re-download or re-install the Service will receive a new UUID, which cannot connect or link the previous UUID (no matter whether you remember it or not) and data (including personal information and user’s data). Meanwhile, when the user uses the interactive functions, such as service mail and questionnaire, the Service might retain the information about name, email, contact No. and access hours provided by the user.
- When the user is browsing the Service, the server will record the information including the IP address of the user’s personal device, access hours, applied browser, and browsing and selected data logs, as the reference to help the Service improve.
- In order to provide precise services, the Service might organize simplified questionnaire to gather statistics and conduct some analysis. The statistical data or text in the analysis results are provided for internal research. Meanwhile, it might provide the AI suggestions on the optimization of personal service experience development.
- Purpose for collection of personal data:
- The user acknowledges and agrees to allow the Company to collect the personal information for, including but not limited to, the following purposes: 069 Contract, contract-like or other legal relation matters; 072 Policy propaganda; 090 Consumer, Customer Management and Service; 098 Business and Technical Information; 135 Information (Communication) Services; 136 Information (Communication) and database Management; 137 Information and Communication Security and Management; 152 Advertisement or commercial behavior administration (e.g. provision of related preferential marketing activities); 154 Reference; 157 Investigation, statistics and research analysis; 176 Collection, processing and utilization of personal information by other natural persons for proper purposes; 181 Other business operation in accordance with the business registration project or articles of association; and 182 Other Consulting and Consultant Services.
- Time period for utilization of data:
- Unless otherwise agreed herein, the Company may process, utilize or internationally communicate the user’s personal information and user’s data when the user’s identity remains valid. Unless otherwise claimed or requested by the user, the Company may utilize the user’s personal information when the Company and its holding company are surviving.
- Territory for utilization of personal data:
- All over the world. Please note that the territory where the Company and the personal information server and network server host for the Service, and the territory where the Service-related services or products are distributed or marketed refer to the territory where the user’s personal information and user’s data may be utilized.
- Subject of the personal data utilization:
- The subjects of the personal information and user’s data utilization include the Company, overseas branches set up by the Company now and in the future, the Company’s affiliates, recipients of internationally communicated personal information, and agencies with the power of investigation under laws.
- Method for utilization of the personal data:
- The personal data provided by the user to the Company will be maintained by the Company in the personal data host and related network server host of the Service, and utilized via automated machines or in any other non-automatic manner under the personal data protection laws. The Company may maintain the original text and information collected by the Service upon the user’s agreement for only six months, and the files or images collected by the Service upon the user’s agreement for only three months.
- For the personal information registered or recorded by the user in the Service, the user agrees that the Company may record, keep and utilize the personal information recorded or generated in the Service, or provide the user with the messages about update functions of the Service, marketing activities and related preferential treatment of the Company, for the purposes of marketing, market analysis, statistics or research.
- The Company might use the personal information and user’s data provided by the user to the Company in
the following manners, e.g.:
- Improve and upgrade the Company’s products and services, as well as the advertisements and interfaces which might be provided to you.
- Satisfy your request for certain service and notify special activities or new programs.
- Engage in personal marketing, e.g. provision of the marketing and advertisements satisfying your personal preferences via a third party’s advertising Cookies, and recommend the service contents fitting your request subject to the App service type or model which you used or chose to authorize the Service to access contents in the past.
- Any purposes and uses agreed by you.
- The Service will send the messages about marketing activities and preferential treatments of the Company and its subsidiaries or business partners from time to time. If the user doesn’t desire to receive the marketing information any longer, please notify the Company or set the cancellation via the device.
- The disclosure of rights in personal information and exercise of the right:
Insofar as it is not against laws, upon the Company’s verification of the UUID and confirmation that the personal information and user’s data are indeed owned by the user, the user may contact the Company or send the user’s request to the Company’s email to exercise the following rights:
- inquiry, view, or request reproduction of, the data, provided that the Company may charge necessary costs and expenses pursuant to laws;
- supplement or correct the user’s personal information, provided that the user shall provide adequate explanation pursuant to laws;
- cease to collect, process or utilize, and request for deletion of, the user’s personal information, unless the Company is necessary to carry out its business pursuant to laws;
cease to send related messages about advertisements/marketing activities related to the Service to the user.
The Company’s fee policy for the user’s exercise of said rights is stated as following. The unit per transaction is determined by the Company:
- Inquiry of data: NT$500 per transaction in the case of carbon copy, and NT$500 per transaction in the case of electronic files.
- View or request production of data: NT$500 per transaction in the case of carbon copy, and NT$500 per transaction in the case of electronic files.
If you wish to exercise said rights, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to file the application and make payment (if necessary) pursuant to the Company’s related procedures.
- Effects posed to the user’s interest and right by the user’s failure to provide the personal information:
The user may choose whether to provide the personal data. Notwithstanding, if the user refuses to provide the personal data, it will be impossible for the Company to conduct the review and operational procedures as required and provide related services.
Statutory disclosure of personal data:
- If the user violates the Company’s User Terms and Conditions, and any other regulations or rules promulgated by the Company, or infringes upon the Company’s or a third party’s interest and right, or the Company is required by laws or any judicial unit to provide the specific user’s personal information, the Company will read, access or disclose the personal information through legal procedures.
- Instructions to compilation of data and utilization of de-identification data:
- The Company will use the "de-identification" technology to integrate your personal information and user’s data accessed under this provision into the "anonymous statistical analysis data" that cannot identify specific parties. Concerning the user’ data collected from different places as provided by you, on the premise of maintaining the safety of your data, the "anonymous statistical analysis data" exclude any "personal information." Relevant personal information in the "anonymous statistical analysis data" will are separated and encrypted. Meanwhile, all related records will be replaced with random numbers. In the Service’s database, a series of long codes without personalized features are used for the purpose of de-identification, including the related information used or uploaded by you is also identified based on said classification and then recorded, and represented by a series of long codes for analysis and classification.
- You agree that the Company may use the “anonymous statistical analysis data" for analysis and establishment of the database through research and development of the Company’s exclusive system or program, so that the Company may keep improving the quality of service provided to you, and provide more diversified business services by virtue of the Company’s unique analysis and statistical operation.
- If any “anonymous statistical analysis data” and any other data accessed by the Company involve any contents that might identify your personal information, the Company will have certain data represented by codes or expressed anonymously, or hide certain data.
- Please note that without your prior consent, the Company will not declassify any encrypted personal information or user’s data, or restore or license another person to restore the virtual codes for service analysis. Unless otherwise agreed herein, the Company will not and is not likely to share your and any other users’ unsegregated and encrypted personal information with any third party for any purposes.
- The user agrees that the ownership of any other works and statistical reports produced by the Company based on the “anonymous statistical analysis data” shall remain vested in the Company.
Article 4. Personal Data Protection
- The Company will save the user’s personal information and user’s data in its data storage system completely, and protect the data carefully to prevent any unauthorized personnel to access such data. The Company’s personnel have already attended the complete education on confidentiality. All related personnel have already executed the non-disclosure agreement.
- In order to protect the completeness and safety of the user’s personal information, the data processing system storing the user’s personal information is already equipped with information security equipment and necessary security protection policy to protect the user’s personal information and user’s data from being misappropriated or destroyed.
- Please note that although the Company makes every endeavor to protect the user’s personal information, it is impossible for the Company to guarantee that the user’s personal information will absolutely never be intercepted, transmitted or hacked by a third party.
Article 5. Data Safety
- In order to protect the user’s privacy and safety, the Company uses its best effort to take personal information protection measures in line with the current reasonable technical level, including but not limited to, installation of the anti-virus system, de-identification and requirement on the Company’s related personnel for compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act, in order to protect the user’s personal information.
- The user who needs to inquire, view, reproduce, supplement or correct, cease computer processing and utilization, and delete the personal information may contact the Company. The Company will deal with it within 30 days upon receipt of the request.
Article 6. Cross-border Transmission
Article 7. Amendments to Privacy Protection Policy
Subject to the changes in the market environment, the Company will amend the Policy from time to time. Where the user has any questions about the Private Policy or any matters related to personal information, the user may contact the Company via email or online customer service call. Your continued access to various services and related service Apps provided by the Company shall constitute your agreement to the amendments to the Policy and undertaking to comply with the same. Should you disagree to the amendments, you shall cease to access the services and related Apps provided by the Company. We suggest that you should review the Policy periodically to verify whether there is any change.
Article 8. Supreme Administrator of Personal Information
The Company’s Chief Privacy Officer serves as the supreme administrator in charge of personal information protection. Should you have any questions or comments on the “Policy,” our contact information is specified as following:
Article 9. Jurisdiction and Governing Law
- The user agrees that any dispute arising from the Service between the user and the Company shall submit to the jurisdiction of Taiwan Taipei District Court in the first instance, and the R.O.C. laws shall be the governing law.